The boys and I each had a first today.
Mommy had her first day back at the gym since Carter arrived. The gym daycare won’t watch babies under 3 months, so I suspended my membership a while ago. It was reinstated today, so even though Carter won’t technically turn 3 months old for another two days, we went anyway. I didn’t have time to shower after my workout, but both boys were great in daycare and I wasn’t called out from my workout to attend to them, I got in a full hour on the treadmill (jogging for the first 30 minutes), and I got to workout - kid free - with my two best mommy friends, Laurie and Cherise, so I would say that it was a complete success.
With Mommy’s first, came Carter’s first time at the YMCA Kids’ Korner. When we arrived, Graham went right in, although he requested a hug before I left and even suggested I stay and play with him for a while, which is VERY unusual for Graham. The babysitters there are wonderful and told Graham how much they had missed him, while also oohing and aahing over Carter.
Carter was all smiles when I took him out of his car seat:
and he settled right into his Bjorn for his time in daycare (yes, his bib does say "stud muffin":
When I came to pick him up, I was told that he took a short nap, but basically just looked around the entire time I was gone and didn’t cry once! They also told me that when they asked Graham if he liked his baby brother, Graham said “yes, I like Carter, but I like baby Cassidy (Cherise’s daughter - also in Kids’ Korner) better.”
For the record, I am also recording this as Carter’s first day laughing. He doesn’t quite have the laugh mastered yet, but when we were doing the hand motions for “The Wheels on the Bus” he was clearly and unmistakably trying to laugh:
Graham’s first today, was his first time having a lollipop:
Now, even though this is the day after Halloween, that has nothing to do with this first lollipop. Graham had a doctor’s appointment today and at the end, the doctor asked if he could give Graham a lollipop. Every other time, I have said "no" and Graham has been given stickers instead, but today, I decided to say “yes!” Graham did great with the lollipop, holding it very carefully and not getting ‘stickies’ on anything, and about 2/3rds of the way through, he announced that he was done with his lollipop and handed it over to me with no fight.
When we were checking in, Graham was really good and stayed with the stroller the entire time. The pictures of Graham are blurry because he was moving around a lot, but I think it is really sweet to see how Carter is happily watching his big brother and being entertained by Graham's antics:
As always, one of the highlights of a doctor’s appointment is getting the height and weight measurements. Graham weighed in at 34 pounds and measured 3 feet 2.25 inches, putting him at about the 75th percentile in both:
Hey, I just realized, our fun day of firsts was on the 1st (November 1st), tee hee.
No comments:
Post a Comment