Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Laughing! (3 months, 10 days old)

Carter officially laughs!  Today wasn’t his first laugh, but it was the first time I was able to catch a little snippet of a laugh on video ♥
We were having some special one-on-one playtime and Carter was cooing and smiling away,  I decided it was the perfect time to try and coax out a laugh.
A little tickling (feet or armpits/chest/tummy) were his favorites and he laughed a few times before ‘getting over’ the tickling.  Next up were songs and Carter loved several of the songs that came with hand motions for him (ex: Wheels on the Bus – I would make Carter’s arms 'swish, swish, swish' etc.).
I whipped out my phone to take a video, which (of course) distracted Carter, so he refused to laugh or even smile.  I propped up the phone on a toy and it did the trick.  I captured a sweet video (from the side) of Carter smiling and cooing and right at the end (before the video was interrupted by an incoming call - shoot) I caught just a little bit of his sweet little laugh.  You’ll hear it right at the end, and in my opinion, it is worth the wait:

One Noteworthy Tidbit:
I’m behind (as usual) on the blog, so I’ll be doing several catch up posts with more Cute Antics and Noteworthy Tidbits, but seeing as I’m able to write this post because Graham is napping so peacefully, I thought I would give the update on Graham’s latest sleeping routine.
We are in SUCH a good place!  Graham has settled into a routine where he doesn’t fight nap or bedtime at all.  He seems to know when he needs sleep and he goes right down, sleeps hard, then wakes up ready to go. 
Both nap and bedtime start when I ask Graham to select one special toy and two special books to bring with him to bed.  Graham has plenty of books in his room, but our new routine involves Graham taking the box set of Mr. Men books from the bookshelf in the living room and grabbing a HUGE handful (sometimes as many as 15 books) to bring into his room.  He puts in a lot of effort to convince me that he has only grabbed two books and I usually play along.  There are so many books that he instructs me to carry his special toy so he can use both hands to carry in his pile of books. 
Once in his room, he snuggles with the toy he selected, along with Hippo and Dog (and many other less special friends) and we go through the stack of books and pick one or two to read.  When I get up to leave, Graham asks for a kiss, hug, cuddle, snuggle, and nursery rhyme (if I forget even one step, he lets me know right away). 
At night he sleeps on his top bed, under two throw blankets, with all his stuffed animals and pillows neatly in their place.  At nap time, after the story, he announces that he wants to sleep on his bottom bed.  He jumps onto the bottom bed, then asks me to pile every toy, stuffed animal, and pillow on top of him before covering him with his two throw blankets and a huge quilt that he only uses during nap time.  Silly boy! 
Once asleep, Graham rarely stirs until he wakes up.  He gets out of bed, turns on his light, walks to the door, and knocks on the door, waiting for me to come get him.  I unlock (but don’t open – he likes to do that part himself) his door.  Graham opens the door and greets me with a huge smile and tells me he slept well, then runs from his room and looks for his next play activity. 
Graham has his little sleeping quirks, but if I stick to the routine, I have a very happy boy who gets a long nap and great sleep every night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment