Graham’s favorite activity was going to the pumpkin patch. We checked out the animals, played with the water pump, took pictures with the scarecrow, and climbed on the tractors, but Graham’s favorite activities were watching (not actually participating in) the hay bale ride, and pulling around a wagon, while collecting pumpkins. Grandpa and Graham made many laps around the farm as Graham carefully and purposefully selected pumpkins to collect. We wound up making two trips to the Lane Farms Pumpkin Patch, but when it came time to actually purchase pumpkins, Graham was very insistent that he wanted to leave his carefully selected pumpkins and only take home one miniature pumpkin. I wish we could go to the pumpkin patch year round, but it is also nice that Graham now associates the visit from Grammy and Grandpa with some really fun trips to the pumpkin patch:
While my dad stayed home to babysit Carter (lots of rocking, singing, and bonding time), my mom and I took Graham to the first birthday party of the ‘birthday season.’ Since I met all of Graham’s friends in my PEP group, all the kids have birthdays quite close to one another with Graham’s friend Laurel normally kicking off the birthday season (as the oldest) and Graham usually finishing the birthday season (as one of the youngest). We have had 1-3 birthdays every weekend, since Laurel’s birthday and won’t be done until the New Year!
Graham had a blast at Laurel’s party. He LOVED the whistle party favors (I got a few videos, in addition to pictures, of Graham’s first time learning to blow the whistle) and (after years of being cautious) finally learned to enjoy the bounce house:
I got some great pictures of grandparents with grandkids:
I also have this funny 'family' picture. We tried going out to eat, but Carter is never a fan. He doesn't like sitting still and he doesn't like being in his car seat (both of which are requirements when we go out to eat) so I thought it was telling that this is the type of picture we get when we attempt to go out to eat as a family:
I got this cute video of Graham trying to blow his nose just like Grandpa. Graham laughs every time he hears my dad blow his nose, but in this video, it was all about learning how to make the noise:
Note: I, just recently, was able to get a video of Graham laughing while Grandpa was blowing his nose. Grandpa blew his nose and Graham said "ha ha, I really like it when you blow your nose Grandpa." I told Graham that if he counted to three, then Grandpa would do it again, and I had the video camera ready (2 years, 11 months old):
While I was off on a shopping trip (by myself! – one of the benefits of having Grammy and Grandpa visit), I got some pictures of what Graham was up to. Hum, I think the ketchup was Graham’s favorite part):
Every visit with Grammy and Grandpa starts and ends the same way: with HUGE hugs! After a quick story, Graham got a hug sandwich before Grammy and Grandpa had to leave:
Although it was quick, it was a visit packed full of fun and we waved goodbye already planning when we would get to see Grammy and Grandpa again!
No comments:
Post a Comment