Saturday, November 3, 2012

3 months!

Baby Carter is 3 months old today! 
Before Big Brother or Daddy woke up, we fit in a little photo shoot.  Check out the cute “Carter” blanket in the background:













I saved my favorite, from the shoot, for last.  Just look at this little face!  Such a look of concern, but actually, this is his face when he is in the middle of an in depth cooing conversation:

Carter is growing up.  His face gets more “human” and less “alien infant” every day.  He is on his way to growing out of his size 2 diapers and is consistently wearing 6-9 month clothing.  Carter enjoys naps in his swing, outings facing forward in his bjorn, and play time in his activity gym.  He hasn’t really started playing with toys, but he bats at the hanging rattles on the gym and chews on blankets and crinkly sounding toys that he uses his hands to pull up to his mouth.  He consistently wakes up once in the night and then is the first in the family to get up in the morning (around 7).  Carter graciously takes a nap at the same time as Graham’s marathon nap each afternoon and usually extends his nap through the prep of dinner.  I think he is ready to sleep through the night, but I’d have to wake him up during the afternoon marathon nap, to make that happen, and I’m not quite ready to give up that precious time each day.  He continues to coo, smile, and laugh (sort of), which is such a joy to watch. 
I took this video during the photo shoot, but it is mostly showing Carter hiccuping and exercising his arms and legs, and is missing his sweet smiles and coos:
Try as I might, I couldn’t get any big smiles out of Carter for the photo shoot.  I think it was because he was cold in the short sleeve shirt.  So, after the shoot was over, Carter got to wear a sweatshirt and socks for the first time in his life:



No comments:

Post a Comment