Thursday, March 3, 2011

I never thought this day would come (14 months, 4 days old)

On February 27th, after over 432 days, 10,368 hours, 622,080 minutes, or 37,324,800 seconds (however you would like to calculate it) of diligent use, I stopped recording every detail of Graham’s life in Total Baby.  I still record his naps, his baths, his doctor’s appointments, and his milestones, but I am no longer recording every diaper change, every feeding, and every night’s sleep. 
The Total Baby iPhone App has been my trusted parenting partner since I began recording prenatal appointments before Graham was born.  It helped me figure out when and how much to feed Graham and when he was tired or in need of a diaper change.  Whenever Graham’s pediatrician asked what he was eating or when he was napping, I was able to produce a detailed printout of every second of his life (which was usually met with an overwhelmed/blank stare, not the awe and appreciation I was hoping for).   
Now that Graham has learned to regulate his schedule and I have gained confidence in my ability to care for him without the aid of Total Baby, my decreased (and dare I say sporadic) use of Total Baby is a huge milestone for both of us. 

So, what did I record in Total Baby for those first 14 months, 4 days????
2163 diaper changes,
173 baths,
3038 feedings, and
4704 hours of sleep in 927 different sessions
Well done Graham, you have certainly kept your mommy and daddy on our toes!

1 comment:

  1. I am a "total baby" freak too! I have gotten a little lax now that I am back to work but I convinced Jared to download it too ... i think it helps a lot.

    I love the growth charts and the vaccine schedule...

    ReplyDelete