Tuesday, March 29, 2011

15 month Doctor’s Appointment (15 months, 6 days old)

Graham went in for his 15 month appointment today.  I’m pleased to report that Graham got high marks, with the doctor saying that Graham was delightful, healthy, and developing perfectly.

I was still concerned about Graham’s gruffling, so I brought in some videos of Graham breathing heavily at night, coughing, and gruffling during a meal.  The doctor believes that Graham may just have smaller airways that will grow with time, but he referred us to an ENT doctor (to explore anatomical reasons) and an allergy doctor (to rule out potential allergy related causes). 

The doctor and I battled back and forth about Graham’s continued use of a bottle.  I argued that Graham can drink out of a sippy cup (and does for water and juice) but prefers the bottle for milk.  I also prefer the bottle because it is easier for transport and less prone to spills.  In addition, I don’t really see the difference between a bottle and a sippy cup that looks exactly like a bottle (plastic cup with collar and silicon nipple).  The doctor argued that although tooth decay is not a concern with Graham because he doesn’t use the bottle in his crib, he just ‘should’ be using a sippy cup by now.  I left the office promising to transition Graham to the sippy cup, but I’m already going back on my word ;)

Now, what you have all been waiting for… the stats!

Length: 31.5 inches – 50th percentile
Weight: 23 lbs 11oz – 35th percentile   
Head Circumference: 48.5cm – 90th percentile

Ahhh, he must be a genius in the making with that big brain :)

No comments:

Post a Comment