Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mommy Wow, I’m a Big Kid Now (15 months, 4 days old)

It never ceases to amaze me how Graham just picks things up on his own.  I blogged before about how impressed I was when he found a brush and started brushing his hair without ever being taught by us.  He has also picked up on several common baby things, like pointing to his head, nose, and tummy, and waving goodbye without any effort on our parts to teach him those things (although we love asking him to do them, now that we know he can). 
He happily repeats words and can say “more” and “all done” instead of just signing them.  Mommy has been trying to give Graham some boundaries and he now runs around the house saying “no no, no no.” 
I have been dreading teaching Graham how to use utensils because I am not a fan of the mess that babies make while learning how to eat.  I’ve happily been feeding Graham, while knowing that he was falling behind his peers because I wasn’t giving him a chance to practice with his baby spoon and fork. 
I made Graham a bowl of pasta for dinner.  He was wearing his smock bib and was scheduled to have a bath, so I thought it was a fairly safe time to test out how he would do with a spork.  Unbelievable success!  He speared and scooped his pasta, successfully got it into his mouth, tested out using both hands, and loved every minute of it:




Now I notice that Graham will eat food that he initially refuses if I let him feed himself.  What a big boy! 

This week Graham also got his very own email address, so if you would like to correspond with him directly, you can drop him a line at graham.nm.millington(at)gmail(dot)com (although he doesn't check it regularly). 

He learned to stand up in the middle of a room without pulling himself up on anything, which has revolutionized his walking, and he charmed a salesman and was given his first toy car:

He is becoming more and more of a little boy every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment