Monday, March 19, 2012

Cravings?

One of the most common questions I get about my pregnancy is if I have any cravings. 
Does food count as a craving?
Even though I felt nauseous for the first 4.5 months of pregnancy, actually eating was never a problem and was really the only thing that would help me feel less nauseous, but I wouldn’t say that I was having many specific cravings. 
I have developed a slight aversion to steak, probably because I like it rare and I know that eating rare meat is not recommended during pregnancy. 
I was the same way with Graham.  Happy to eat, not many cravings, and only one aversion (in Graham’s case it was the fish oil supplements, YUCK!). 
However, with both babies I did develop one craving (different with each).  Little Graham was baked almost entirely on sugar cereals and as I sit here indulging in my craving of choice with baby number two, I thought I might as well share with all of you. 
Baby Boy Millington #2 is being baked on fruit punch flavored Gatorade! 
It all started a few days after Graham got sick and passed it on to me and Nick.  The doctor suggested I get Graham some Pedialyte (or Gatorade if he wouldn’t drink the Pedialyte).  I picked up both Pedialyte and Gatorade at the grocery store and Graham and I had a glass together (he with Pedialyte in the sippy cup and I with a generous serving of Gatorade).  Graham was less than thrilled with his option but I was hooked! 
I can tell you one thing; this pregnant mama can’t think of anything more wonderful in the world than a nice cold glass of Gatorade:

1 comment: