Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dog and Pony Show

We are so proud when our big boy learns something new.  Of course, like every parent, we think we have the smartest and most accomplished baby that has ever lived, but we can never seem to get him to perform his ‘tricks’ in front of other people, or especially in front of a camera.  The second I turn the camera on, Graham just stares and stops what he is doing.  However, the constant failures don’t stop us from trying and we did manage to catch some of his tricks on video. 
He has known how to do these things for a while, but of course we have never been able to get them on film until now, so here is Graham telling Daddy what noise things make and showing Mommy where his different body parts are (17 months, 15 days old):

One of the things we are most proud of is Graham’s singing.  I blogged when he started singing his ABC’s months ago, but in the last week, his singing has really exploded.  He sings songs all day long and sings himself to sleep with every nap.  He even sings the "Night, Night" and "Nap Time" songs when he is getting ready for bed.  He loves “one little, two little, three little bubbles” to the tune of “Little Indians,” that he learned in his swim class and the "Hello" and "Bye Bye" songs he has learned from various music classes.  He is obsessed with the bubbles song that ends with the bubbles popping.  He sings the popping part over and over, so I will run my fingers over his face and tummy like a bunch of popping bubbles.  He also sings “I like to eat, eat, eat pancakes and bananas” modified from the original "Apples and Bananas" tune, each morning while I prepare the song’s namesake breakfast.  I got about half the song on video before he got distracted (17 months, 9 days old):

Stay tuned for more tricks (if we can ever get them on video)!

No comments:

Post a Comment