Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Shopping Cart Love

I finally broke down and got Graham the Little Tikes Shopping Cart that he has been coveting for months.  Graham first discovered the shopping cart at a friend’s house, where he walked for the first time, while pushing the shopping cart.  I almost bought it then, but thought that Graham could use his dinosaur push toy and get the same effect.  Once Graham started walking on his own, I thought he would forget about the shopping cart, but every week at Toddler Times, he sought out the shopping cart toy and worked up a sweat pushing it around.  The final straw came when the babysitters at my gym daycare told me that Graham had spent 2 hours pushing around the shopping cart in their play area. 
I knew Graham loved the shopping cart but I thought it may be best to keep it as a special toy away from the house, but when my friend Cherise called and told me that she had spotted a Little Tikes Shopping Cart at the local thrift store, I was all out of excuses and knew Graham had to have it. 
He LOVES it!  He pushes it around the house, around the neighborhood, and in the backyard. 
I don’t know why he loves it so much more than all his other toys, but he does, and I’m just glad that he finally has one of his own (16 months, 2 days old):



No comments:

Post a Comment