Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Sea Ranch (6 month, 10 days – 6 months, 17 days old)

We took Graham on his first big trip away from home to Sea Ranch, CA:


I was very nervous about the long drive (440 miles with about 50 miles of slow going along Highway 1) but Graham was GREAT!  We waited for him to wake up naturally then got on the road right after his breakfast.  Nick was the driver while I was in the back with Graham.  He played, ate, and slept for the entire drive.  We only needed to stop for one stretching/changing break each way. 

We spent a relaxing week in Sea Ranch (cut off from the phone and internet for the most part) with my mom, dad, sister, and nephew.  Graham continued to work on his crawling and the big news was that he sprouted his third tooth (an upper canine).  We took coastal walks, hiked in the forest, played cards as a family, ate good food, went sightseeing, and caught up on sleep.  Here are a few pictures of our week (with more to come once I get the pictures from my mom’s camera).

Out for a coastal walk:


and a forest hike:


Wow Daddy, I can sit!:


Graham showing off his new solid food setup.  I spread a large burp cloth under his plastic bib and it is the perfect combo to avoid messy clothing, wet chin, and sticky hands:


Graham did his fair share of relaxing/sleeping as well:


Yummy, this is what vacation is all about (Note: it was a big deal for me to graduate from The Batter Blaster pancakes to the Just-Add-Water versions.  Call me crazy, but someday I may actually try making them from scratch):


We visited the Point Arena lighthouse.  The views were spectacular!!  We learned about the history of the lighthouse in the little indoor museum then braved the cold and wind at the point before climbing the stairs to the top:


We also went to Fort Ross which had wonderful buildings to explore.  We listened to a docent talk and enjoyed the views from the historic buildings:


All this sightseeing has gotten me dirty.  Time for a bath:


Then play time!  Graham’s laugh melts our hearts:


Heading home, time to sleep:


Great first trip with Baby Graham!

2 comments: