Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Happy Anniversary (7 months, 4 days old)

Nick and I celebrated our second wedding anniversary on July 27th.  It proved to be a wonderful, jam packed day. 
Nick headed off to work while I got ready for a breakfast date with one of my friends from elementary school.  I hadn’t seen Aarin in over 15 years, but due to the magic of Facebook, we reconnected.  Aarin lives in Maryland, but she is a flight attendant, so she and her 10 month old baby girl Mila, hopped on a plane and came to sunny Santa Barbara for a visit.  We caught up on old times and took a quick stroll to the harbor.  It was a great way to start the day:

After Aarin and Mila left, Graham and I decided to go on a long walk from the beach to the heart of downtown Santa Barbara.  Graham was in a great mood with no fussing.  I stopped for a diaper change and was shocked to discover a huge blowout (especially since Graham had been in such high spirits).  His outfit was ruined.  Instead of heading back to the car, we indulged in an impromptu shopping spree and Graham ended up with several new pairs of pants, but chose the new pajamas to wear for the walk back to the car.  At home he modeled his new big boy pajamas:

By the time we got home, Graham was exhausted so he settled in for a nap around 5:30pm.  Alethea and Mark arrived 2 hours later to babysit so Nick and I could go out to celebrate our anniversary.  We left while Graham was still sleeping and headed to the Stonehouse restaurant at San Ysidro Ranch.  Nick and I love our ‘regular’ places for dinner, so it was a big deal for us to ‘risk’ trying a new place, but WOW!  We loved it.  We spent dinner relaxing, exchanging gifts, and commenting on our yummy food:

We took our time at dinner and hoped Alethea and Mark were having a successful babysitting experience with Graham.  When we got home, all was quiet and to our surprise we learned that Graham had never woken up!  Our poor babysitters spent the entire evening watching the monitor and waiting for Graham to wake up, but he never did.  He also did us the favor of sleeping straight through the night.  I guess the full day wore him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment