We headed out in the morning with every intention of taking Graham to both the beach and the zoo but he ended up having so much fun at the beach that we used up all of our time there.
Graham and Daddy got started right away digging holes. At first they worked together, then they worked separately, and finally Graham checked out Daddy’s hole (so deep that it hit water):
Another favorite activity for Graham was filling up and then dumping out his dump truck:
It was a beautiful, sunny day:
Graham had big plans to have his bucket filled with water. At first, he watched as Nick and I waded into the ocean to get him water. He wore a look of concern on his face and said “don’t go into the ocean” but when we safely returned, he thought he would be brave and go himself with Daddy. Nick told me that he was saying that he would go to the ocean and get water, but when the waves came close, he started running and said “I don’t want to get water anymore.” Our little dude is still a little afraid of the ocean (maybe the intense swimming lessons program I’ve enrolled him in for the summer will change that). I got some pictures of Graham confidently walking to get water and then a video of him running back once he changed his mind:
On our way home, we stopped at the grocery store and I couldn’t help indulging Graham in a little impulse buy:
Nick gave Graham a bath after lunch and put him down for his nap in his pajamas. He woke up to a surprise because ‘Peter’ rabbit had visited and left some eggs for Graham to hunt for. We threw some shoes over Graham’s footed pajamas and let him into the backyard for his egg hunt:
Once Graham discovered what was inside the eggs, he couldn’t be bothered by silly things like taking pictures, he was all about eating his colorful fishie crackers. I love the picture of Graham spilling more and more crackers onto the grass as he leans down to pick up the crackers that already spilled:
Once Graham had eaten his fill, we played a little longer in the back yard:
It was a perfect Sunday, Fun Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment