Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Graham and Daddy go to the Zoo (2 years, 3 months, 30 days old)

Graham has been really excited to go to the zoo with Daddy, ever since I told him that he would get to ride the train again when he took Daddy to the zoo.  Well, Sunday was our big family day at the zoo and it did not disappoint! 
The zoo doesn’t open until 10am, so I began the morning by taking Graham for a scooter ride while letting Daddy sleep in.  Although I loved Graham’s old helmet, I just couldn’t get it to fit right.  Our big and triangle-shaped head boy doesn’t fit into toddler helmets or 3 and under youth helmets, but the 5 and under helmets are a little big, so the super cute helmet that was featured in the last set of scooter pictures just wouldn’t stay put to protect Graham’s forehead.  The solution… Graham got himself a Power Rangers full-face helmet.  I had to take some pictures.  He looks a little silly with the enormous helmet on his head but it actually fits really well and if it does shift at all, it still covers all those important parts of his little face and head:


After the scooter ride, we were off to the zoo.  Graham had an absolute blast.  He ran from exhibit to exhibit exclaiming in a very loud voice “oh my goodness, look at that” and then “excuse me, excuse me” as he ran to see the next thing.  There were some fun new animals that we had not seen before.
I think it may have been the first time for all of us to see a porcupine.  Graham wasn’t as interested as I was.  This guy was really active as well as very interesting to look at:

Next, Graham was ‘hunted’ by an overeager iguana.  The iguana was tracking Graham’s every move and would pounce at him (from behind the glass of course) whenever Graham pointed in the iguana’s direction:


But, the highlight of the zoo was the much anticipated train ride with Daddy.  Graham wouldn’t pull his eyes away from the engine for even a second to look at the camera for a picture:


We ended with lunch at the zoo food court.  There was a beautiful but very aggressive heron.  Graham caught on pretty quickly and started yelling “go away, shoo bird” while he waved his arms.  Another family had their meal snatched off their plate, but Graham made sure we did not fall victim to the hungry bird. 

Cute Antics and Noteworthy Tidbits:
  • Well, our little escape artist can finally open the front door.  It sticks, which bought us quite a few extra months, but when I went out to the garage to do laundry earlier this week, Graham got the door open, paused by the laundry long enough to make sure I saw that he had escaped, then ran all the way down the street before I could catch up with him.  We have since had many, many talks about safety, but nonetheless, the newest baby proofing door lock will be arriving tomorrow. 
  • Graham has some silly new food habits.  He doesn’t love eating off of his highchair tray anymore, but if I take the tray off and then hand him the food from his tray, he will usually eat it happily.  I also discovered that if Graham tells me he is done eating and I put the rest of his meal in a sandwich bag (for a snack later), he will grab the bag and eat the food right then and there because he wants his snack. 
  • Latest cute phrases to report: Graham will say “oh d’oh” when he falls.  Graham has started to add “it’s bad” at the end of sentences when he does not want something to happen.  For example, when Nick wanted to pick Graham up during a walk, Graham said “no, you should not pick me up, it’s bad.”  When Daddy impresses Graham (by doing something like kicking a ball high in the air), Graham will say “Woah Daddy!”  When we ask Graham a question, he will sometimes pause and say “hum, let me think.” 
  • While I was at a dear friend’s baby shower, Nick sent me these pictures of what he and Graham were up to.  Graham and Daddy were having a scowling face competition.  Hum, who won? (2 years, 3 months, 27 days old):


No comments:

Post a Comment