After Graham’s nap, we headed to an empty parking lot for some scooter time. I took a video of Graham scooting in wide circles. The parking lot had a very slight incline but I think it is funny to see how Graham loses some steam scooting up. He still doesn’t know how to brake (and is barely learning how to glide), but when he gets going faster than he is comfortable with, he just plants both feet on the ground and walks to slow himself down. The video is 45 seconds and not terribly exciting, but I think it is cute to see Graham learning how to use his scooter:
When we got back to the house, Graham wanted to play with his sidewalk chalk before going inside.
Check out those pants:
The other super fun event for Graham (while playing with the chalk) was holding his very first bug! Graham knows about spiders and moths and bugs but he usually points to them with some distress and gets out the bug wand so I can get rid of them. He has seen roly-poly/pill bugs before but usually just identifies and looks at them (except for the time Nick rescued a rolled up one from Graham’s mouth). Today, I thought Graham was ready to actually hold the roly-poly that he spotted and was watching crawl around. He was ambivalent at first but then he thought his roly-poly friend was pretty cool and was sad when it was time to let the roly-poly go home to the grass:
What a day full of adventure for our busy little two year old!
No comments:
Post a Comment