This first video comes with a little quiz. Graham was getting over a bit of a cold, so after changing his diaper, I wiped his nose clean with a Boogie Wipe. He started screaming something very insistently. It took me a while to figure out what he was saying and when I did figure it out, I thought my little boy was such a smarty that I whipped out the camera to try to get it on video (21 months, 13 days old):
The answer… “Saline Drops!” When Graham has a cold, we clean his nose with Boogie Wipes and then put some saline drops in his nose to break up anything that may be left in there. My little boy was very concerned that I had used a Boogie Wipe but had forgotten the saline drops :)
Graham has gotten quite good at singing his ABCs. I tried to get a video. It isn’t great because he was distracted by his singing dinosaur push toy and I actually cut out a big pause between the end of the ABCs and the end of the song, but you can get the general idea (21 months, 10 days old):
Nick loves how Graham says “mo-na na” instead of motorcycle, so now we have a video to remember it always (21 months, 11 days old):
I thought Graham may finally be getting over his confusion between pancakes and bananas (since he eats a pancake and banana for breakfast each morning, he somehow got it into his head that a banana is actually a pancake) but apparently not. You can see Graham happily identifying pictures in a book and when we get to the banana he names it a pancake without hesitation (21 months, 11 days old):
One of Graham’s cute new phrases is “oh really” so here is a quick little video of Graham saying just that (21 months, 14 days old):
And now on to those Cute Antics and Noteworthy Tidbits:
- Graham still doesn’t tote around a blanket or stuffed animal but he is happiest if he has a truck or car in his hand. I took some pictures of Graham at Growing Times holding onto a toy truck that accompanied him through the entire two hour class followed by his trusty little car in hand for the car ride home (21 months, 7 days old):
- Graham is getting better and better at spelling, saying, and identifying his name. He now regularly points to his Graham sign and says “G, R, A, H, ahh, eeeem.” Today he really impressed me! He was getting ready for an afternoon bottle and I put on his “Grandma lets me” bib. He looked down at the bib then pointed at the words and said “G, R, A.” Wow, what a smarty!!!
- Graham is very familiar with the phrase “too hot.” He says it when he is served hot food, when he is getting into the bath, when he is around the oven, etc. Even though he had been saying “too hot” at the right times, I don’t think he really knew what it meant until today. He was playing with my bedside lamp and touched the light bulb. He immediately said “too hot” just like he normally does when he is around something hot, but this time he repeated it more urgently and with some fear and then his poor little face crumpled into tears and he ran with his finger extended saying “hurt, kiss.” Poor little guy. He spent the rest of the day staying very far away from the lamp, while pointing at it and insisting “too hot!”
- Before he goes to sleep, Graham requests multiple good night kisses from Daddy and says "goodnight Dada, I love you Daddy."
- Graham gets stories before bed and he usually says what story he wants or hits the book I propose and says “no” until I come up with a book he wants to read. Just today he started saying “different story.” Ahhh, much nicer than, “no, no, no.” He also knows to wave his finger in the air and say “one more” when he is told that there will only be “one more story” before bedtime.
- Graham can now officially jump with both feet leaving the ground, but it is still quite a challenge for him and when he is trying, he has started to say “watch this!” He also makes sure Mommy and Daddy are watching when he jumps off his push toys or climbs way too high.
- Graham’s language skills are just exploding. He loves finishing sentences in his books (and can actually recite full pages from “one fish, two fish” and “cars and trucks from A to Z”) and identifying animals, trucks, and all kinds of objects in books, out windows, on puzzles, etc. He says “fix it” when he pulls something apart and can’t put it back together, “car back” when he wakes up and wants a toy car back in his hand, “I love you too” when someone else says “I love you,” “toe hurt, kiss toe” when he gets hurt (same thing goes for head, hand, etc.), “all done xyz” when he is done with food or an activity, and “MINE” when he wants to be given something. He also used “please” in a cute way. Nick and I were running around the kitchen and Graham was saying “bottle, bottle” over and over again to remind us that it was time for his meal. We were ignoring him and finally in exasperation he started saying “bottle please, bottle please.” Well, that got our attention and he got his bottle.
- He is climbing higher and higher on things as we continue to work on his boundaries. Note, this was on the way down (21 months, 14 days old):
- He seemed very curious as he watched rain (probably for the first time in his memory) (21 months, 13 days old):
- And our dear boy has started to make an absolute mess with his bottles of milk (21 months, 12 days old):
- He has developed a love for tofu (if it has been sitting in miso soup) and even ate all the vegetables out of a miso, tofu, and vegetable soup we ordered, then took a spoon and successfully got about half of the broth into his mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment