Nick and I were finally ready to take a mini-vacation without Baby Graham. With both fear and excitement we planned a getaway to Las Vegas while my parents came to watch Graham. I knew my Dad needed to leave early, so the bulk of the babysitting would be left to my mom. The minute my parents arrived, my mom was immersed in Baby Bootcamp. We downloaded Total Baby (the Iphone App I live by for recording all of Graham’s info) and she was feeding, changing, and monitoring Graham overnight on the first day my parents arrived. The biggest hurdle was learning how to rock Graham to bed, but she caught on quickly:
In the midst of bootcamp, there was also time for a little fun:
We took Graham to the park. The plan was for him to play in the grass and on the swings like he did earlier. He had such a good time the first time, I was eager to give Graham another opportunity to play and to show my parents what a good crawler he was. But… Graham would have none of it! We loaded him into his new big boy umbrella stroller and set up a blanket on the grass, but as soon as Graham got off the blanket he wiggled around in a number of acrobatic poses trying to keep his hands and feet from touching the grass:
We decided to move to the playground and let Graham experience sand for the first time! He was curious at first but after tasting a fist full of sand, he decided he didn’t like that either:
We thought all was lost until we made a last ditch effort at saving the outing with some time on the swing. Success!:
Finally the weekend rolled around and it was time for Nick and me to head to Las Vegas. Aside from talking about Graham and wondering about Graham A LOT, we were able to leave parenthood behind and we had a fabulous time. We relished the little things that we can’t normally do anymore. We slept in each morning and didn’t eat dinner until 10pm one night. We went to a Vegas show and visited the largest watch store in the world (Guinness World Book of Records plaque proudly displayed outside the store) where Nick bought me a special present :) We even managed to run into a few celebrities ;)
While we were in Las Vegas, Graham was kind enough to write us several updates. Through the updates and subsequent phone calls, we learned that our baby boy had come down with a cold during our vacation. My poor mom was a trooper. Graham had a sleepless night the first night we were gone and steadily got better, but by the time we got home, Graham had given his cold to my mom.
Here are the email updates Graham sent us while we were gone.
Subject: Good Morning Mommy and Daddy
Hope you are having a very fun time.
Love,
Graham
Subject: Hi Mommy, Hi Daddy
Having fun even though I have a runny nose and an occasional cough.
Love,
Graham
Subject: Good Morning
Good morning Mommy. Good morning Daddy. I was able to sleep through the night. Yea!!! I still have a cough and runny nose though. I am having fun now while Grammy is having breakfast.
Love,
Graham
Subject: Update
Hi Mommy. Hi Daddy,
I woke up from my nap and my runny nose isn't as runny anymore. Yea!!!
Love,
Graham
Subject: Felling Better
Hey Mommy and Daddy. I am just getting up from my nap and I am feeling better.
Love,
Graham
Subject: Mommy & Daddy Good Morning
Good morning, Mommy. Good morning, Daddy. I slept through the night and woke up without a runny nose. Still a little cough but feeling better. Hope you are having a wonderful time.
Love,
Graham
Subject: Drive Carefully
Hi Mommy. Hi Daddy. Look forward to seeing you. Drive carefully and I'll give you a big hug when you get home.
Love,
Graham
In addition to being sick and laying low while we were gone, Graham and Grammy Taub also managed to have a few adventures. The gardeners came to do some major chainsaw work on one of the trees and Grammy couldn’t help taking a picture of our little guy sleeping through the entire thing:
Graham also had a good time exploring the backyard (in the safety of Grammy’s arms):
When we arrived home, Nick had no sympathy for our sick little boy and put him to work right away:
What a wonderful, wonderful trip! Thanks Mom and Dad for giving us the opportunity to go on this vacation. Don’t we look relaxed?!
No comments:
Post a Comment