Wednesday, August 11, 2010

This and That

We have been enjoying a visit with Graham’s Grandma Millington and during the week, Graham has had some adventures and has hit a few fun milestones worth mentioning.

Our smiley boy is becoming a laugher… Graham laughed in response to my laugh for the first time.  We have found ‘things’ that make him laugh (like being tickled or playing with a special puppet) but this was the first time he laughed for no reason other than in response to my laugh.  Since then, he has done the same thing for Daddy!  (7 months, 17 days old):

It is all about the timing…  After months of struggling to get back into an exercise routine, Graham and I finally have it down!  Graham wakes up around 7am.  He gets a diaper change and a bottle, then I make breakfast for myself and a solid food meal for Graham.  We eat our food together and then we are both ready for a run.  Graham is usually asleep within the first five minutes of the run and wakes up after I have had a chance to stretch and cool down.  He finishes in a great mood because he has eaten, slept, and been changed, so he usually lets me get in a shower as soon as the run in over.  Woo hoo, I get a workout, Graham is happy, and we are done so early that we still have a full day to play.  This is a picture of Graham happy (and bundled up) at the end of one of our morning runs (7 months, 18 days old):


Hike with Grandma Millington… We went for a hike along the Ellwood Mesa.  Graham looked around for the first half of the hike, then snoozed for a while, then woke up right as it was time to load him back into the car.  (7 months, 16 days old):

New Toys… Graham has been exploring and discovered some new toys.  First, he found Daddy’s foot, then he found the Tupperware cabinet.  I was really excited to finally get the quintessential picture that every mother has of her baby playing in the Tupperware cabinet (7 months, 18 days old):

Hosting PEP… Graham decided to invite his friends over for this week’s PEP meeting.  Grandma Millington and I got the house ready while Graham took a morning nap and then he was refreshed and ready to entertain when his friends arrived.  He shared his playpen with his buddies and even tried to teach them how to balance on a ball with their heads.  Finally, he showed off his brand new PEP t-shirt!  (7 months, 19 days old):

2 comments:

  1. oh no I need to take a tupperware photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys have been busy! Sounds like fun. I'm happy for you that you found a good work out routine. I have always struggled with that with my kids.

    ReplyDelete