Saturday, August 28, 2010

Birthday Fun!

I had a great time celebrating my birthday.  On my actual birthday (8/26), Graham woke up unusually early but then went right back to bed for a long nap, so I was able to enjoy a sleep-in.  My best friend Alethea took me out to lunch and then Graham and I went shopping and bought him an exersaucer.  Although it was a gift for him, really it was a gift for me because now he plays happily in the exersaucer while I can enjoy a long shower :)  We met up with our mommy-baby-Thursday walking group and Graham finally learned how to fall asleep during a walk in his big boy stroller!  Nick came home early from work with flowers and a card and took Graham and me out to celebrate at a tapas restaurant.  Yum!  What a great day. 

The next day, my birthday celebration continued.  My favorite mommy friends (Laurie and Chersie) took me to lunch, followed by dessert at Whodiddly cupcake shop and then we spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for both babies and mommies ;) 

The next day, we wrapped up my birthday celebration with a BBQ at our house.  Many of my dear friends came over for food and fun.  Thanks to all my friends and family for such a wonderful celebration for my first birthday with baby Graham. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday..belated! I have been off in LaLa land, but wanted to say that I hope you had a great one! I think the first birthday as a mom is different and somewhat more rewarding in away. I don't exactly know how to explain it, but the focus in new and different everyday and on our birthdays too.
    Sounds like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete