April has been a pretty typical month so far. The boys are in school - Graham: Tuesday through Friday and Carter: Wednesday through Friday from 9-3:30, so we tend to have our adventures on the days they are not in school. I spend their school days getting ready for the baby, running errands, relaxing, and holding home addition meetings. We are trying to get the boys on a routine of eating the same dinners that we eat. Graham can be negotiated with and will try everything and like some things. Carter has chosen to skip dinner almost every night since we started. Both boys are excellent night sleepers and Carter is a consistent napper without much of a fight, but that might change when he finally decides he is done with his crib. He might find the freedom of a bed distracting. He naps on a cot at school but usually for an hour or less while he still takes 3 hour naps at home in his crib.
Both boys are excited for baby sister to arrive.
I haven't really kept track of Cute Antics and Noteworthy Tidbits, but a few I have recorded from this month are...
Carter quotes:
"Sure can!" - His favorite way to say "yes" for something we ask of him.
"I'm going to sit and watch you clean up everything." - His response to me when he decided he didn't want to do the picking up I asked of him.
Graham quote:
"Awww, come onnnnnnnnn" - Graham's teenage response to just about everything these days.
One of Carter's favorite things to do in the morning is go up to Graham's room, while Graham is eating breakfast, and select Graham's outfit for the day. He picks everything including socks and underwear (boxer briefs these days for my big boy) and brings them down to Graham for Graham to change into. Carter is much more picky about what he wears and will ALWAYS select his "orange pants" (actually shorts) every time he finds them clean in his drawer.
So, here are the pictures from my phone for the first half of April:
We visited the library. Carter built a chair train and he was soooo proud:
Graham built a lego he brought from home:
This is a horribly embarrassing picture, but I figure since I've taken practically zero pregnancy shots this time around, I might as well save a few for posterity:
This was such a fun science project that Graham did at school. They took funny photos to mimic looking up at their crazy 'hair' and then watched as the hair (cat nip grass) grew. I have a before picture of just a few spiky grass shoots, but it must be a March picture, so you'll just have to believe me that the 'hair' was much shorter and grew so fast!
Passover Seder plate and wine glass created by Graham:
At Fresco North, the boys selected their own desserts (mini cupcakes) and had so much fun eating them, but both boys basically licked off the frosting and left their actual cupcake uneaten:
YES! Another successful Sonos bracket (came in 3rd and won a Play:1) for Duke's win of the national championship!!
Mark and Alethea bought this shirt for Graham for his 5th birthday. The arms have prints of a dinosaur's mouth, so when you hold your arms just right, it looks like the dinosaur is chomping! Graham had a lot of fun wearing this to school and sharing it during show and tell.
Carter thought is was hysterical that half his shirt was off:
One of Graham's projects at school:
Little Graham was sick with a fever (a very rare experience for a Millington boy). He fell asleep on the couch while watching his video:
I took the boys shopping but wanted to be quick so I made Graham sit in the cart. He thought it was pretty funny to have the groceries packed in so tightly around him. Carter is sporting his picture smile:
Graham went to a birthday party without us! He got to carpool with the Pepper boys. I think the car ride was just as fun as the party for him:
Santa Barbara Kite Festival. Carter is flying his kite!
Graham is way in the distance, running to create wind so his kite will fly:
Graham in the tail chase contest. He entered twice and took home a piece of the tail after his second attempt:
Typical April fun in sunny Santa Barbara :)




















No comments:
Post a Comment