Over 130 pictures saved in my April 2014 folder so this will be a two part post. I'm going to try something new with photo captions on some of these (and a little more narrative on others), so here we go!!
We went for a fun family walk along the Ellwood bluff:
.JPG) |
| Notice anything unusual about this picture? Graham is in the backpack and Carter is walking! Silly boys :) |
 |
| Graham is convinced that the oil rig in the distance is a pirate ship and is sooo happy that he spotted it. |
Carter has started to enjoy stuffed animals. He has named all of his stuffed animals Blah Blah, so here he is with one of his dear Blah Blahs:
Our dear friend Elizabeth has moved back to California, so Graham and Zane had a play date. At dinner, the best parts were the videos and dessert:
We celebrated Passover in April. Graham's preschool had hosted parents and siblings for some Passover activities, we hosted a play date while the school was closed for the holiday, and Mark and Alethea came over for a Passover Seder:
 |
| The boys decorating Seder plates. |
 |
| Graham making Matzah. |
 |
| Eating traditional Passover food. |
 |
| Graham's finished Seder plate (that we used for our Seder). |
 |
| Graham and Carter's Matzah covers. Graham was a little more successful and filling in the stencil to spell Pesach (Passover in Hebrew). |
 |
| Carter's Seder plate! Hum, maybe he was a little too aggressive with the pen. |
 |
| Kosher for Passover snacks at our play date! |
 |
| Seder table is set! |
 |
| Graham successfully found the hidden afikomen (matzah) and he was supposed to give it to us in exchange for a prize but he got a little carried away and ate it instead. |
Major bubble fun on a windy night! Picture and video :)
Carter practicing using a spoon:
One morning, Graham went downstairs without telling me. When I peeked at what he was doing, I saw him working on (and ultimately finishing) a puzzle all by himself. He was so proud:
Carter was very busy one morning running into the pantry to get paper goods and then running to the window seat to organize them. I took some pictures, but the video that I added is the best. Such a sense of urgency and so cute (showing Carter's sweet toddler run):
We had PEP at the park. Great time with good friends and we got a huge treat when some city workers were testing the sprinkler system. The workers let the kids play in the sprinklers and they got soaked! With such mild weather, it is not often that our kids play in sprinklers, so this will be a special memory for them. Lots of pictures and one video:
 |
| Carter and Tobyn (born only weeks apart). |
 |
| Don't they look cute sitting so close? |
.JPG) |
| Tobyn is Kelby's little brother. Kelby and Graham are PEP buddies. |
.JPG) |
| Graham making his silly smile face (turned to the side with one eye closed). |
 |
| COLD |
 |
| Time to head home and change. |
Little Graham got a cut above his eye. He was at preschool and I got a call that I 'might' want to come get Graham because I 'might' want to have someone look at the cut. Well... I went and he clearly needed to be seen by a doctor. Off to Urgent Care we went. I was struggling with myself the entire time wondering if I should go to the emergency room and insist on seeing a plastic surgeon. I knew the ER would be 4+ extra hours and I thought it was best to have the cut looked at right away. When we got in to see the doctor he said that the ER was not necessary and they were able to use glue instead of stitches so there would be no scar. Well, months later, my boy has a scar :( Lesson learned, anything on the face, head to the ER for a plastic surgeon. Graham didn't seem bothered at all by his cut or visit to Urgent Care and I never got the full story out of him but it sounded like he hit the side of a desk. Pictures will tell the rest of the story:
 |
| Waiting to be seen. |
 |
| Cool chart they used to help Graham express his pain level. |
 |
| Keeping busy while waiting for the doctor. |
 |
| Using a bandage to hold the numbing gel on. Took about 20 minutes. |
 |
| Numbed and cleaned, waiting to be glued. |
.JPG) |
| Glued. I had such high hopes at this point for no scar. |
.JPG) |
| Baby brother gets a lollipop and sticker too. |
.JPG) |
| All done (and very tired out). |
 |
| Scar! |
Latest addition of Graham art:
.JPG) |
| This was a cutting project. He cut out the crown. |
 |
| I think the bottom is name writing practice |
 |
| Fun art project! Before the oven. |
 |
| After the oven. |
 |
| Done and hanging. |
And... it is past midnight, so the rest will be in Part 2 ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment