Saturday, June 14, 2014

Out of the kids' mouths these days (G: 4 years, 5 months, 22 days old / C: 22 months, 11 days old)

One of the saddest parts about falling behind on the blog is missing out on recording the Cute Antics and Noteworthy Tidbits, so I'll try to be better about quickly writing them down when I hear one. 
This morning from the monitor, I heard Carter saying "Done-dut right nooow."  Translation - doughnut right now. Funny that he skips asking for a bottle or breakfast and moves right to the doughnut. 
Carter has also stopped simply crying when he wants something and it is now Mama, Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, Mama. 
We are working on "yes" instead of a grunt with a nod. He loves to call out "Graham" he can request toys by name and he also knows his own name. He is quite a talker these days. 

Graham is doing more and more repeating of things he has heard me say. We were driving to a toy store yesterday for Graham to pick out a toy he earned for good behavior. He was very excited but wanted to be left alone to revel in the anticipation. I asked him if he was excited and he said, "I don't want you to talk with me right now, you need to concentrate on the road and your driving."
After losing the privilege of bringing his new toy to bed, for being too rough with Carter, he was crying and said, "do you see how disappointed I am?"
He likes to go upstairs and select his outfit for the day but bring it downstairs to get dressed, OR get fully dressed for the day without checking in first and then surprising me with a proud "ta-da!"
When he announces that he wants to do something, he says "I thought about it and that will be my choice."
He is a fully self sufficient kid - in and out of car seat by himself, working microwave by himself, sneaking downstairs to watch videos while we sleep, etc.  The list could go on and on, but Carter just arrived by my side, so time to publish this post!

No comments:

Post a Comment