Friday, September 28, 2012

Graham’s Happenings

So, while Carter was getting adjusted to the world in his first month of life, Graham was also busy enjoying his new role as a big brother. 
Here is what Graham was up to during that first month. 
Just a few days before Carter was born, Graham was busy making friends at school (2 years, 7 months, 8 days old):


One of Graham’s favorite parts about Baby Brother arriving, was anticipating getting to spend special time with Grammy.  As soon as Grammy got the news that Baby Brother was ready to arrive, she did some quick modifying of her license plate frame and when she got to Santa Barbara, sent us this picture of her reuniting with Graham (2 years, 7 months, 12 days old):



The good times continued for Graham with…
Presents from Grammy and Grandpa (2 years, 7 months, 11 days old):

Special visit time with Autie Rachy, including fun with her earplugs and being introduced to the joys of banana slice smiley faces (2 years, 7 months, 18 and 19 days old):


A chance to bring Daddy to swim lessons (2 years, 7 months, 14 days old):

An adventure with Grammy on the trolley bus and later a walk to see some construction vehicles (2 years, 7 months, 17 days old):



and fun making braided bread (2 years, 7 months, 19 days old):

I took some pictures of Graham’s latest artwork.  His interest in art has exploded since starting preschool and now he enjoys drawing squiggles on anything he can get his hands on:


We took another wall measurement, so we could have an accurate record of Graham’s height the week he became a big brother (2 years, 7 months, 20 days old):



Additional Cute Antics and Noteworthy Tidbits:
  • During this month, Graham wrapped up his summer of swimming boot camp and also graduated to the head tapping phase (swimming continuously and coming up for air when the instructor taps his head).  I really wanted him to reach that point, so I was very proud when he got there, but we will need to continue swim lessons past the summer in order for him to actually master the skill.
  • Graham enjoying testing out all of Baby Brother’s equipment (2 years, 7 months, 15 – 23 days old):


  • Graham is Mr. Chatty these days and he happily starts conversations with people while we are on a walk or at the grocery store.  Sometimes people answer back without skipping a beat and other times they look really confused, like they can’t quite figure out where that little voice came from.  
  • Graham has noticed that it is a big accomplishment to get him and Carter out the door in the morning.  Usually, I get all the stuff in the car, then get Graham in the car, and then bring Carter to the car at the last second.  Graham has started a cute little ritual.  When I bring Carter out to the car, he chants, “way to go Mommy, way to go.”
  • Graham got to meet a special friend, while out on a family walk (2 years, 8 months, 10 days old):
  • Graham beamed with pride as he showed off that he learned the Hamotzi (blessing before meals) at school (2 years, 7 months, 25 days old):
  • Both boys are a little less cooperative these days, but in those first weeks as a mom of two, I felt like they knew when I needed a break and modified their behavior to make things easier for me.  The first time I attempted putting Graham down for a nap when I was home alone with both boys, Carter started crying right before I was going to read Graham his nap time story.  I asked Graham to go to bed without a story because I needed to go help Baby Brother and Graham went right down like a champ with no complaining.  
  • Graham demonstrating his bubble blowing skills for Grammy (2 years, 7 months, 18 days old):
  • I think Graham looks like such a grown up little man in this outfit (2 years, 7 months, 30 days old):

  • I had to pick up a prescription for Carter and Graham could not have been better behaved during the outing.  He didn’t touch any of the many distracting items in the pharmacy and sat patiently on the chair, chatting with other patrons until it was time to leave.  I was so proud (and relieved).  (2 years, 8 months, 8 days old):
  • My heart skipped a beat when my mom sent me this impressive video of Graham (the acrobat) demonstrating his ability to swing on the monkey bars (2 years, 7 months, 13 days old):
  • Graham has a new made up word: “Moosh.”  He greets us with “hello moosh” and points from person to person, saying “you’re a moosh, no you’re a moosh.”  After some probing, my sister discovered that a moosh is a person he cares about :)
  • Some memorable phrases: Stopping mid play and urgently running over to Carter’s swing, while saying “let me check on Baby Brother,” then after a quick check, “he’s good,” and then back to playing.  Yelling, “no Daddy, go back to your pah-loo-cee-cee (remember, Graham’s word for computer),” when (to Graham's dismay) Nick left his work to put Graham to bed.  Informing us, “I must whack,” when we told him he would get in trouble for hitting us.  On a regular basis, Graham now seems to get annoyed when all attention was not on him during dinner and yells, “stop talking you guys.”  Grabbing one of Carter’s burp cloths and asking, “is this Baby Brother’s throwup blanket?”

No comments:

Post a Comment