Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Lots of Videos, plus…

…some Cute Antics and Noteworthy Tidbits. 

Here are Graham’s latest and greatest videos:
Graham being a smartypants, showing off that he can spell his name (2 years, 4 months, 19 days old):

Graham laughing hysterically as Daddy teaches him how to give a nose-to-nose Eskimo kiss (2 years, 4 months, 19 days old):

Once we took the Eskimo kiss video, Graham begged to watch it over and over again, and laughed and laughed each time we played it, so I got a video of him watching the Eskimo kiss video (2 years, 4 months, 19 days old):

While Daddy was testing the sound on some Sonos equipment, Graham had fun dancing to the beat.  For some reason, he thought spinning around was part of dancing.  I think it is so funny, in this video, when we decide to give Graham his basketball (to distract him from dancing and help prevent him from getting too dizzy) and he happily takes and throws the basketball but then plops to the ground (guess he still got dizzy) (2 years, 5 months, 5 days old):

We hosted PEP at our house and Graham and his buddies had a blast jumping on Graham’s big boy bed.  The mommies were positioned as spotters around the bed as the kids jumped.  I love how Graham is looking at his friends as he is laughing and laughing, hoping to share his happy moment with them (2 years, 5 months, 1 day old):

Graham went for a walk with Daddy.  They came across an orange construction cone but, as is evidenced by this video, apparently Graham was convinced it was a snowplow (2 years, 4 months, 27 days old):

Cute Antics and Noteworthy Tidbits:
  • Well, our boy is still growing.  We took some pictures from his latest measure session with his tree.  Graham also had a doctor’s appointment recently and weighed in at 31.5 pounds, which puts him in the 75th percentile for weight, but I’m guessing that number is more influenced by his height (he is heavier because he is taller) than his weight.  I get comments all the time about how tall Graham seems for his age (2 years, 5 months, 5 days old):


  • Graham has started to say "definitely" and "maybe" with almost every sentence.  Ex: “We definitely, definitely need to find hippo before nap time.”; “My shoes are definitely, definitely lost.”; “Is that a picture of a tractor maybe, in the book?”; “We will go for a walk maybe, and I will see my friends maybe, after my nap?”
  • It has been hot, hot, hot in Santa Barbara, so I took a picture of Graham feeling the effects of the heat (2 years, 5 months old):
  • The hot days have also led to late night, right before bed, walks (when things have finally cooled down).  I made Graham and Daddy pause for a picture in their pajamas before a nighttime walk (2 years, 4 months, 25 days old):
  • Graham is continuing to gain knowledge about Baby Brother’s arrival.  Now, when we ask, he can tell us that Baby Brother lives in Mommy’s tummy and he will get to meet Baby Brother in August.
  • Graham’s latest art!  He used little dropper tubes to paint the wings on his butterfly and seemed to enjoy creating his underwater collage, but as you can see, he glued and stuck everything on top of each other instead of spreading things out:

  • Graham takes such long naps, he sometimes needs a little bit of time to ease back into awake land after getting out of bed.  The other day, when I saw him waiting at his door after his nap, I did my usually call out of “Hello?”  Graham responded by saying, “No, don’t say it louder, just say it slow.”
  • I was having a mild bloody nose (one of those great pregnancy side effects) and I was saying “Poor Mommy’s nose” so Graham would know what was going on, but would not be alarmed.  He looked at me and said, “No, don’t do poor nosy, that is not a good plan for yourself.”
  • Graham had a substitute teacher at swimming and I wasn’t much of a fan of her teaching style but she did manage to get Graham to do some great kicks on his back (2 years, 5 months, 6 days old):
  • Graham and I were out shopping and after he picked a new tractor shirt for himself, he selected (with some help from Mommy) a new shirt for Baby Brother:
  • Nick likes to send me pictures when he is off on his adventures with Graham.  In the first picture (2 years, 4 months, 23 days old), Graham is discovering a new dirt path to explore.  In the second picture (2 years, 4 months, 24 days old), I made Nick take Graham out of the house because Graham absolutely refused to nap (despite Mommy’s very best efforts).  5 minutes after they left, Nick sent me the picture of our sound asleep little dude:

  • When Graham goes #2 in his diaper, I often comment to him about how stinky it is.  After I caught a whiff of Graham's bum one day, I scooped him up for a diaper change and said “Are you a stinky poo poos?”  Graham said, “No I’m not, I’m a little person, I’m a little boy.”

1 comment:

  1. “No, don’t do poor nosy, that is not a good plan for yourself.”
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete