Next, we graduated to real paintbrushes (at Growing Times with a smock on):
Finally, I let him use paint pens (paint contained in a tube with a brush tip) at the house! After hanging this one in the frame, Graham looked at it and said, “there is my art, it is so beautiful”:
The only other piece of art that made it into the frame, but is now buried behind other projects, was his farm scene. Graham chose all the stickers himself and used real glue to affix the tree and barn:
Our boy is turning into quite a little artist :)
Now that Baby Boy #2 and I are into the third trimester, I’ve started to take naps during Graham’s naptime again, so the blog has been suffering and I’ve managed to amass another long list of Cute Antics and Noteworthy Tidbits… Enjoy:
- I am absolutely loving Graham’s naptime wake-up routine. He usually gets up and wanders around his room for a while and then finds his way to his door and starts knocking so I will hear him and come let him out of his room. When I am ready to get him, I usually call out, “hello?” from another room. When he hears me, he starts to talk and the conversations are getting longer and longer. The other day, he had a short nap, so he spent a long time talking and trying to convince me that his nap had been long enough and it was really time for me to get him. This was the sweet, and one-sided, conversation I heard coming from his room after I had called out my “hello” to Graham, but before I opened the door. Graham said, “I'm in my bedroom. I had my nap. I slept and slept. Is my door baby proofed? Will you come get me? Will you put your computer away Mommy? Can you come find me? Get up Mommy, are you getting off of the couch? I napped and napped on my bed. I had a good nap. I’m ready for you to get me Mommy.”
- We had another great trip to the zoo! We finally got a good view of the resident lions, but the highlight was when Graham got to touch the huge Boa constrictor! When Graham woke up from his nap, he headed straight outside to search for some more snakes (2 years, 4 months, 15 days old):
- The latest installment of Graham’s special language: I think I’ve mentioned before that Graham uses the word “pah-loo-see-see” to refer to a computer. We don’t know where it came from and if we ask him what a pah-loo-see-see is, he will tell us that it is a computer, but I always find it interesting when his word has nothing to do with the real word. He has cute mispronunciations, like “moe-nah-nah” for motorcycle, but rarely is he completely off the mark, so I had to take note of his second completely made up word. He is 100% convinced that the word for raisin is “flavor.”
- Graham calls me “Mama” and “Mommy” but his favorite word for me is “Mom Mom”. Aw, melt my heart <3
- I took a few videos of Graham enjoying his water table on a hot day. In the first video, you can see him engaging in “normal” water table play, but by the second video, he has branched out to sharing his water with the surrounding foliage (2 years, 4 months, 13 days old):
- Some sweet and silly things Graham will say: Now, when Daddy leaves for work or when Mommy leaves to let Graham start his nap, he will say, “I’ll miss you.”; While reviewing our day at the zoo, I reminded Graham that we saw one white monkey and one black monkey, and one was a girl and one was a boy. I asked Graham if he was a boy or a girl and he said, “I’m a boy monkey.”; Whenever Graham sees sports on TV or hears ANY clapping or cheering, he will say, “come on Niners,” because he remembers cheering for the San Francisco 49ers months ago when they were trying to make it to the Superbowl; When Graham finishes crying, he will say, “I’m OK now, I’m not sad anymore.”; Graham woke up really early one morning so I went into his room and lay on his top bed. He looked at me confused and then said, “OK, I’ll sleep too.”; We have been doing some house hunting and as Graham goes from room to room, he will say, "oh, this is nice! Is this my bedroom?"
- Graham has started to make what we have dubbed his “happy noise.” It sounds like the start of a laugh and whenever he is excited about something (opening a present, watching Daddy get home, etc.) he will make his happy noise.
- Graham continues to advance with his interactive play and he had the cutest play date with his friend Jonah. I wish I had gotten a video. They would run up and down the hall at Jonah’s house, yelling to each other, “chase me” and then when they would make it into the family room, they would turn and bear hug one another and collapse to the ground in giggles before doing it all over again. They must have gone up and down that hall at least 20 times :)
- Daddy and Graham had some fun adventures on their weekend walk. They called me and I had my first official phone conversation with Graham. Usually I’m on the phone helping Graham talk to someone else so it was a complete thrill to be on the other end of the line and feel like I was having a full, interactive, and accurate conversation with Graham, even though he was miles away. On that same walk, they stopped at a lemonade stand and Graham enjoyed a cup of lemonade, and Graham and Daddy found the only spot on the bike path where they could wave and I could see them from the deck at our house.
- Our little dude has finally graduated to eating at the table. We still have him in a highchair, but we have removed the desk and lowered the chair, so he can sit at the table with us. Here are some pictures of Graham’s first big boy meal at the table (2 years, 4 months, 5 days old):
No comments:
Post a Comment