Tuesday, May 10, 2011

First Haircut!!! (16 months, 17 days old)

When you want something done right, DON’T do it yourself. 
I had known for some time that Graham needed to get his hair cut, but I had been avoiding it.  I loved Graham’s shaggy hairdo and I didn’t want my sweet baby to grow up.  I avoided making the appointment at the local kids’ salon and just ignored the issue.   
I was feeding Graham lunch and lovingly gazing into his eyes, when I was hit with a pang of guilt.  His eyes were completely covered by his hair.  I realized that Graham did not even know how much better his quality of life would be (if he didn’t have hair obstructing his vision) and I felt an urgent need to cut his long bangs, right then and there.  Nick had been asking me to learn how to give haircuts, so I knew I would have his support. 
Before I had time to change my mind, I got a comb, scissors, cup of water, and the camera.   
I wanted to get a few last shots of my boy before the cut:




Well… let’s just say that my technique is not as good as the professionals.  I still think Graham is the cutest kid that has ever lived, BUT akkkk, I messed up on the haircut!  Too short, uneven, you name it.  Oh Graham, please just let those bangs grow out again and I promise that I will take you to get them done right next time. 
Here are some pictures immediately after the damage was done:




The lock of hair to keep for posterity:


Showing off the new look for Daddy the next day:


I also wanted to add this video.  I took a video after the haircut while Graham was finishing his lunch.  At first, I wanted to show his hair, but then I noticed he was showing off his spoon skills, with supplemental hand use, accidental gagging, and all. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Mommy Dearest! Just a tad short, but a great blog opportunity. Gotta remember...the hair shrinks up when dry!! :)

    ReplyDelete