I’ve started keeping notes on my phone about all the cute things Graham does, so I won’t forget about them when I have time to write a blog post, but I have noticed that some things don’t lend themselves as well to ‘posting’ as others.
Since my goal is for this blog to act as Graham’s baby book, I want to make sure that I record all of his precious moments and really capture what his life is like on a daily basis.
So… I will be adopting my sister’s ‘cute antics’ and including my own ‘noteworthy tidbits’ for those memories that I want to mention but may not warrant their own blog post.
Let the bulleting begin! Cute Antics and Noteworthy Tidbits from the first week of Graham’s 16th month of life:
- Graham says “Uh oh, oh no!” when he drops something. I have noticed that he will intentionally throw/drop his most precious items because it is so fun for him to say, “uh oh, oh no, oh noooooo.”
- His morning routine is shifting a little bit. Instead of waking up at 7:15 and running around our room until 8, he now wakes up at 6:45, but is back asleep by 7:00 and then doesn’t get up again until 8.
- When Graham wiggles around on the changing table and notices the look of concern on Mommy’s face, he says “woah, woah, woah, woah,” mimicking what I used to say to calm him down and keep him still.
- The entire family is memorizing Graham’s favorite books. Nick and I can recite Cars and Trucks from A to Z, Put Me In the Zoo, Silly Sally, Green Eggs and Ham, The Cat In The Hat, Goodnight Moon, Little Blue Truck, Going to Sleep on the Farm, Rap a Tap Tap: Here's Bojangles - Think of That!, The Foot Book, Hands, Hands, Fingers, Thumb, etc. We read a lot of the books in a singsongy tone and Graham can now find a book and hum the rhythm of the words even though he can’t actually say the words.
- Graham giggles at his own bodily noises (and those of the people around him). A good sneeze gets him every time.
- He has learned how to say “hello” and he says it with the cutest little tongue wag (like he can’t quite figure out what to do with his tongue to make the sound). He says “hello” when he wants to elicit a response from others and also says “hello” when he picks up anything that resembles a phone, including his baby monitor.
- In case I didn’t mention it before, he finally says “Mama” and is even able to correctly identify me, when asked who I am :)
- He loves to point at things and be told what they are and he is getting really good at repeating what he is told.
- When asked if he is ready for breakfast, Graham runs to the kitchen saying, "yea, yea" and "mmmmmm."
- When Mommy asks Graham if he has had a poo poo (or when he is working on one) he will proudly say “pee pee!”
- Graham says “whoo, whoo” (like a choo choo train) whenever his is pulled around in his highchair.
- He has picked up a bunch of new words including, icky, hot, ouch, diaper (but we say diap-ski), and bottle.
- When we ask “what comes after one,” Graham answers “two!”
- My entire mommy walking group decided to forgo our walk and do a workout at the gym instead (4 mommies in all). Graham has started to experience some separation anxiety and cries when I leave him at the gym daycare. During our workout one of my mommy friends was called to the daycare because her son would not stop crying. That left Graham and 2 of his buddies at the daycare. When we went to pick up our kids, Graham ended up being in a really good mood, but Penelope and Kenzie didn’t fare so well. Poor gals missed their mamas, but it made for a really cute picture:
- Indoor/outdoor living caught up with Graham yesterday. He had his most grievous injury to-date when he fell and hit his head on the track of the sliding glass door. Check out the battle wound over his right eye (16 months, 7 days old):
Wow, that was a pretty busy week for our ever growing and changing little Graham.
Great idea! You are so good!
ReplyDeleteGraham is a GENIUS BABY!!
ReplyDelete