Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Another great PEP meeting (G: 3 years, 10 months, 14 days old / C: 15 months, 3 days old)

There is always a little anxiety before hosting a PEP meeting because the house is still so new, but (again) we had an incredibly fun PEP day where the kids played so well together, the moms got to relax and visit, the kids respected all house rules, and at the end, two sleeping boys and a house without damage. Score!
Here are a few pictures from all the fun. 
I tested out putting up a baby gate so I could relax instead of running around the corner all the time to check what Carter and Graham were up to. It wasn't beautiful but it worked so well!  Here are Carter and Tobyn (the two youngest and only a week apart) finding the gate right away, but ha ha, they could not get past it. Carter graciously waited until the very end of the play date to figure out how to get through:

Every good PEP meeting centers around the food:

This picture just cracks me up. Things were too quiet so I went to see what the kids were up to. They were all crowded around a catalogue of Thomas the Tank Engine trains and the conversation was hilarious. They were swapping stories about the trains they had and were oohing and ahhing about the different features of the pictured trains:

While the big kids were busy with the train catalogue, the littles stayed at the table and continued to eat:
 
And then there was more fun just being kids. 
Look, everyone is looking at the camera and smiling:

And the window seat proved to be much more fun once the cushions had been removed for fort building:

And as I was cleaning up, I loved looking at the quiet yard, scattered with toys. All the kiddos were gone but I could still picture the morning of fun:

Hosting PEP today made me one happy mama :)

No comments:

Post a Comment