Fast forward to the present and I can fill you in on a few that have just happened. [No bullet points for posts from the phone, but c'est la vie.]
Graham has just entered a new big boy phase where he can come and go from his room as he pleases. I used to lock the door and he would knock when he was ready to come out, but now he knows to stay in for a nice, long sleep and then to come find Mommy as soon as he is ready to come out.
This morning he came and found me while I was in the shower. I asked him if he wanted to join me for a quick shower and he asked with true curiosity, "am I dirty?"
Graham was having a full-blown 3-year-old tantrum and he was finally told that he would get a time out if he kept crying. He stopped crying but sadly looked at me and said, "but I just really felt like I wanted to keep on crying. You can't ask me to stop every day, I need to cry."
Graham continues to be a very picky eater, but for many months now, when he is forced to try something, he will usually say, "hey Mommy, I need to tell you something, this is actually pretty good."
Graham is happily developing, progressing, and growing up. He is very expressive and articulate. At preschool, they have done a great job teaching the kids how to verbalized their emotions, so we always get a kick out of hearing Graham talk about what he is thinking and feeling. He is all about letters, numbers, and shapes. He loves to make up songs and imaginary conversations between his toys. He has picked up catch phrases from his videos like "bust my buffers" and "why yes Sir Handle."
Carter is becoming quite a little man. He loves to chase Graham around, laugh when Graham entertains him, and try to steal Graham's food.
Carter is my good eater. He loves to work on whole pieces of fruit and completely skipped the baby food stage, going directly to solids.
He goes to bed easily and sleeps through the night, but still takes almost all naps in my arms, instead of the crib (we really need to change that).
The nickname that has really stuck with him and that we use more than his real name is Dubber or Dubby or Dub. We are also big fans of Card-ski.
He puts absolutely everything in his mouth, which is quite different from how Graham was and makes for some nerve racking parenting, the need for a tidy house, and the need for constant watching outside.
Peek-a-boo is his favorite game and he loves to clap.
He has outgrown his baby bathtub and loves taking showers with Graham.
He crawls with great speed, stands unassisted, cruises around on furniture, and walks with push toys.
Look where I found this little daredevil yesterday:
He says "mama," "dada," what sounds like "uh oh," and has been working on the "buh" sound.
It is also important to note that at 8 months old, his horrible clogged tear ducts miraculously cured themselves, so our beautiful blue eyed boy now has big, clear, bright, healthy eyes.



No comments:
Post a Comment