We continue to LOVE the YMCA!
Carter has a great experience every time he goes. He enjoys being carried around and watching the other children. Graham is good buddies with the staff and other kids, so he thinks it is a big play date with lots of great indoor and outdoor toys. I can’t decide if the chance to exercise, visit with friends in the hot tub, or take an uninterrupted shower is my favorite part. Suffice to say, we are all very happy on YMCA days.
After a suggestion from my friend Cherise, I decided to up the ante and fit in a swim ‘lesson’ with Graham, in addition to my workout. I dropped both boys off and told Graham I would be back from him in an hour so the two of us could have a special swim date while baby brother stayed in the Kids’ Corner until we were done.
We were hoping to meet up with my friend Laurie and her gals, but it took us so long to get out the door (with the added time to pack for a swim) that we just got to see Laurie for a second as she was leaving and we were arriving, but it gave me the opportunity to take this super cute picture:
Anyway, back to swimming…
When I went to get Graham, check out how I found Carter! This picture was taken on an earlier day, but I saw the same thing. Sweet boy, catching a nap wherever he can (3 months, 5 days old):
Graham was soooo excited for our swim date. He tried to get in his swim outfit all by himself:
When we were in the pool, I tried to remember all the techniques his swim teacher used over the summer. Graham was very comfortable in the water, did an excellent job crab walking along the edge of the pool, remembered how to blow bubbles and kick, and jumped in perfectly, but he definitely forgot how to keep his bum up while kicking (which is a required skill to avoid sinking) so he has regressed in his overall swimming ability. Guess we will need to make time for more swimming dates!
After his big boy shower, he proudly carried his swim bag all by himself, all the way to Kids’ Corner to pick up baby brother:
It was a fun, fun day :)

No comments:
Post a Comment