Weight: 14lbs, 13 oz, 41st percentile
Height: 25 inches, 51st percentile
Head Size: 16.34 inches, 52nd percentile
When the doctor came in, he said that Carter was "50, 50, 50," which you can see is not quite accurate, but the message was the same. In terms of size, Carter is a normal dude.
I had a few health ‘concerns’ for Carter that I wanted the doctor to address. The doctor confirmed that those sweet, rosy cheeks of Carter’s are a mild form of eczema, but there is no need to treat them (good thing I like the nice, healthy glow they give his face). I asked the doctor about Carter’s constant spitting up. The doctor said it was nothing to worry about (especially since Carter’s weight is fine) and he will grow out of it when his digestive system matures a little more. We revisited the clogged tear ducts issue and again the doctor said we should just wait until he grows out of the condition. (Note: I’ve started using pure saline wipes to clean Carter’s eyes and they have helped a lot.) So… although the doctor validated my list of concerns, he basically told me that they were not worrisome or out of the ordinary and Carter would eventually grow out of all of them :)
As we were discussing developmental milestones, Carter used his eyes to track me around the room, smiled in response to eye contact and voices, and put on a great tummy time show:
After Carter demonstrated his neck strength, the doctor said “you have a perfectly healthy, model baby doing all the right things.” ♥
A week later, Carter and I did his 4 month photo shoot (on the actual day). I’m not nearly as pleased as I was with the 3 month shots (because I took the photos in low light and most of them are blurry) but that didn't stop me from posting a ton of pictures. Get ready. We had a little fun when I tried to take some tummy time shots. Carter kept rolling over so quickly, I got many more post-roll photos than push-up photos. I also took some big boy shots of Carter in his boppy seat. He is finally strong enough to use it. 4 months already, he is growing up so fast:
Time flies, especially when there is more than one child to pay attention to! I LOVE these pictures. The first ones at the Dr office are wonderful! I LOVE the baby calisthenics are wonderful and so are his smiles....oh yes and the chunk is good too!
ReplyDeleteParker had clogged tear ducts too, (in both eyes) and they just went away at around 5 and 6 months. She also has cheeky eczema! It comes and goes. I put some aquafor on it sometimes when it gets too chapped. Looking good Carter!
ReplyDelete