Sunday, July 29, 2012

Graham’s first day of Preschool (2 years, 6 months, 17 days old)

And just like that, Graham’s first day of preschool (July 10th, 2012) has come and gone. 
I took some pictures of the little dude on his big day.  Notice that he ended the day in a new pair of pants.  I thought for sure that he had gotten really messy with all his fun projects, but it turned out that I had simply sent him to school in pants that were a little too big.  I bought all new preschool clothes, focusing on things that were easy to pull on and off and could get dirty or stained, but I guess I didn’t get the sizes quite right, ooops:





When we arrived, Graham had his own cubby and got to check out the spaceship that had just been set up for the new summer unit (Shafan (rabbit) is the name of Graham’s class):


Graham loves his teacher, Justin, and joined right in to the first activity: painting moons to go with the spaceship/outer space theme:


After several weeks, Graham still seems to love school.  He often asks if he gets to go to school (which happens 3 days a week for him) and mentions Justin all the time.  Ex: “Justin will be so proud of me when he sees that I don’t have any cavity bugs” – after brushing his teeth.  “Justin will be mad” – when he spits out his milk all over the floor. 
When asked what he has learned at school, Graham almost always answers by singing songs that he has learned.  When asked what he did at school, Graham almost always answers with a list of what he ate for snack or lunch (and occasionally throws in that he played in the sandbox or tried going pee pee on the potty). 
We have noticed little things that Graham does at home that he apparently is learning in school (requesting to go to the potty – although rarely successful at this point, fastening his shoes, cleaning up his food when he is done, drinking from regular cups, asking for and using a knife, pulling down his pants and taking off his diaper, requesting soap to wash his hands, etc.)
The schedule is working out well.  I pick Graham up at 1:00pm.  He usually plays in the playground, while I socialize with other parents for a few minutes, and then we head home.  At home, we have time for a little extra snack (although he is getting better at finishing the school lunches every day) while we chat about his day.  Then we have just enough time to get his teeth brushed before he is off to bed for his nap.  While Graham is at school, I have been keeping busy with errands, continuing to get the house ready for the new baby, and a few fun lunches with friends!
I had to include these pictures from Graham coming home from school last week.  Acting like a big boy in his pull-up diaper, sipping his milk (because he had a light food day at school), and sporting nothing else (because he had played so hard that he was soaking wet and covered in dirt when I arrived to pick him up)!  (2 years, 7 months, 1 day old):


No comments:

Post a Comment