Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy 23 on the 23rd!

Graham is 23 months old today.  Happy 23 months Graham! 
We did a little photo shoot of you on your 23 month birthday:




I can’t believe you are one month away from the big 2!  You now weigh in (on the bathroom scale) at 30.5 pounds and are wearing 3t clothing (we just bought your full supply of winter footed pajamas). 
Nothing much new to report except for some Cute Antics and Noteworthy Tidbits.
  • Graham’s latest (Thanksgiving-inspired) artwork!  He colored the turkey at the YMCA daycare.  He really enjoys crayons now, but after a few swipes on a paper, he quickly tries to color tables, doors, floors, etc. (as well as trying to eat the crayons), so Graham only gets the treat of crayons when he is out of the house (restaurants, daycare, mommy and me classes, etc.).  He made the other turkey at his Growing Times class.  The feathers are several cutouts of his traced hand <3:

  • Nick came home from work and Graham gave him a big hug and said “missed you daddy, love you, thank you [for the hug].”  Oh, so sweet, my heart melted. 
  • Graham says “little taste” whenever he sees something we are eating and wants to try it himself; says “ohhh-kayyyy [okay]” when we ask him to do something or when he wants to assure us that he is alright; “that’s MINE” to identify just about anything; and “don’t do that” or “don’t like it” when he is picked up against his will or something is taken away from him (the phrases are really cute, so I’ve been trying to get them on video, but no luck so far).
  • Graham has been battling a bit of a cold, so we have been practicing his nose-blowing skills with the soft/non-irritating/moist boogie wipes.  I had to laugh when Graham took his used boogie wipe and, instead of throwing it in the garbage like he normally does, he proceeded to scrub every surface he could find.  What a good cleaner/helper (sans the germ-infested boogie wipe).  I guess it is the thought that counts.
  • Looks like someone is trying to grow up to be just like Daddy (22 months, 21 days old):


  • I was horrified when my friend Laurie asked me if Graham only had one wing instead of his signature double-wings hairdo.  I told her “NO!”, but when I looked more carefully, it appeared that half of Graham’s hair was neatly tucked behind his ear, while the other side still flared out into a wing.  I took some pictures and a video of the updated look but thankfully, after switching to a new shampoo, I can report that the double-wings are back (22 months, 23 days old and 22 months, 21 days old):

  • Graham had two fun play dates with his friend Kenzie.  First, he had a grand time burning some calories indoors by pushing her around in her little toy cart (22 months, 23 days old):
  • The next day, we decided to actually venture out of the house and had a fantastic time enjoying the great weather at a playground at the beach.  Kenzie was ready for a nap when we finally called it a day (22 months, 24 days old):



  • I met up with Natalie and Rylan for a play date at Costco.  Yep, that is right, our play date was at Costco.  The boys had so much fun checking out all the toys.  We thought we would bump the play date up a notch by letting them share a cart, but they weren’t terribly pleased about our experiment and, after a quick picture, we decided to give them each their own cart (22 months, 26 days old):
  • Graham used to be afraid of zerberts (urban dictionary definition – creating a seal between a human mouth and flesh (commonly the stomach or arm) and then blowing) but I recently tried it out again while Graham was on the changing table and, as evidenced by this video and Graham’s insistence for “more,” I think it is safe to assume that he is now a fan (22 months, 25 days old):
  • These videos show what Graham does on a rainy day.  You may also notice in the videos how baggy Graham’s new footed pajamas look.  Nick asked if I believed that a plant will grow bigger if you put it in a bigger pot and if I thought the same thing would be true if I put my child in bigger pj’s (22 months, 28 days old):
  • Our big boy just recently graduated to eating a banana like a big boy, straight out of the peel! (22 months, 28 days old):

  • Nick found a handmade hat Graham was given from volunteers at the hospital when he was born.  Hum, it is looking a little small (22 months, 28 days old):


We love you Graham, you are just too cool!




No comments:

Post a Comment