Well, it took over a year and a half, but Graham finally made it to his first Masters Swim session.
I have been a member of the Channel Island Masters Swimming group for over ten years and I sadly need to admit that my attendance has steadily gone down from four days a week to once or twice a month.
I swam throughout my pregnancy with Graham and my Masters Swimming buddies had been begging me for months to bring Graham to swimming. Graham is usually still sleeping or just waking up when swimming starts (at 8am) so I haven’t been able to take him but since he was jet-lagged from Europe and waking up early, it was the perfect opportunity.
I loaded Graham (along with his big backpack) into the car and we headed to the pool.
My coach Vic’s eyes grew big when he saw how heavy Graham had become, but he was up for the challenge and strapped Graham on his back as he began to coach the workout while I hopped in the pool.
I wouldn’t say I got the best workout of my life because I was too busy taking pictures, but I had a great time, Graham had a great time, and my friends were absolutely thrilled to see the little boy they had watched grow inside of me for all those months.
Here is Graham helping Vic deliver the workout to the ‘fast’ lane. Vic told me that Graham was singing to himself the entire time:
My view of Vic and Graham from my lane in the pool:
Self-shot with my buddy Mary. Hum, maybe I should have told her that I was taking a picture. Mary made Graham an absolutely stunning quilt and gave it to me as a gift at my baby shower and I can’t wait until Graham is old enough to use it:
Well, the fun had to end at some point. Graham didn’t quite make it the full hour, so we headed out early, but not before I got a few more pictures:
We have continued with Graham’s weekly swim lessons, so maybe the next time Graham is up early enough to go to Masters Swimming, he will be in the pool with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment