Well… more like a tree.
Before Graham was born, I searched far and wide for a growth chart. I love going home and looking at the door frame in my parents’ house that has all the hash marks as my sister and I grew. I have such fond memories of standing as straight and tall as I could while my mom would mark my growth, hoping I would find that my mark had gotten closer to my big sister’s.
I had some very specific requirements in mind for Graham’s growth chart. 1. I wanted something portable, in case we moved. 2. I wanted it to go up to at least 6 feet (although I wouldn’t be surprised if G ends up being taller than that with the super tall relatives that both Nick and I have). 3. I wanted it to start at 0 (I found that almost all charts started at 2 feet because babies don’t stand before that height).
After much looking, I found the perfect chart through the Golden Gate National Park Conservancy. An amazing six foot tall redwood tree with hidden animals among the branches to discover with each gain in stature. I ordered the chart and it stayed neatly tucked away in Graham’s closet until today!
Graham watched as the tree was erected in his room and stood patiently as I balanced the pen along the top of his head and made the very first hash mark. Unfortunately he wasn’t quite as cooperative when I tried to get some pictures of the momentous occasion, but I did manage to take a few:
Just think Graham. One day you will be able to reach the highest branch!
No comments:
Post a Comment