Sunday, June 28, 2015

Week 1 – Elise meets her brothers (G: 5 years, 4 months, 11 days old, C: 2 years, 9 months, 1 day old, E: 1 day old)

I’ve taken, maybe, one hundred million pictures of Elise, but I was especially out of control during the first week, so we are going to do the week in stages. 

Nick brought the boys to the hospital to meet their baby sister for the first time.  Apparently, Graham worked hard on a card but in the excitement of it all, he managed to lose it during the walk from the car to our hospital room. 

Before Elise was born, I had told the boys that their baby sister would be bringing them each a present and I let them choose their present, so when they walked in, Carter’s train set and Graham’s construction vehicle were unwrapped and waiting for them right by Elise’s crib.  I was expecting the boys to go right for their presents but they were much more excited to meet Elise, so I took her out of her crib and we took lots of pictures of the boys meeting Elise for the first time. 

They were absolutely in love with their baby sister from the moment they saw her, but silly Carter would not smile in the pictures to save his life.










Carter said he loved her cute little toes and just wanted to kiss them.



 

 
Wait, there's a smile!






After all the pictures, the boys spent a long time playing with all the buttons on the hospital bed and then started blowing up the hospital gloves, so we figured it was just about time to end the visit. 

The boys left with the promise that they were going straight from the hospital to meet my mom and sister for lunch (who had just arrived from Sacramento/Los Gatos) and that Elise and I would be home the next day.   

1 comment:

  1. Tammy, Nicholas, and Graham (and Carter too, although he can't read this yet), the photos are wonderful. It's so nice to see all of you together with your new little daughter/sister. Thank you so much for putting this blog post together. Please do not worry too much about getting the blog done "on time". We all know how busy you must be with a "third little mouth" to feed. Love, Grandmother Millington in Tokyo

    ReplyDelete