Sunday, February 9, 2014

Fun during the week!

Our weekend adventures have been such a hit that Graham wanted to make sure our weekday adventures would be equally fun. 
Our only unscheduled day during the week is Monday. On the Monday before last, Graham requested a trip to the zoo, but on this particular trip, we decided to kick it up a notch. In addition to normal zoo fun, we took a train ride (and got to ride in the caboose for the first time) and both boys fed the giraffes for the first time (G: 4 years, 1 month, 4 days old / C: 17 months, 24 days old):





When Graham was at school later in the week, Carter and I had fun at the park and then Graham got a very special treat when he arrived home and our gardener let Graham trim some tree branches (G: 4 years, 1 month, 8 days old / C: 17 months, 28 days old):





Fast forward to the next Monday and we headed to the YMCA to meet some friends. I've been avoiding the gym because Carter gets very upset when I leave him at the Kids' Korner daycare, but this time, he and the staff handled it like champs. Carter screamed as I was leaving, but as soon as I left he calmed down and was happily playing when I came back to get him. Phew, what a relief!  Hopefully it means we can start making the gym more of a routine again. Graham had a great time being back at his old stomping ground and I had a wonderful time catching up with my beautiful prego friend while also getting in a workout.  When we went to pick up our kids, they convinced us a quick stop at the racquetball courts was the perfect end to the morning (G: 4 years, 1 month, 11 days old / C: 18 months old):



The next day I hosted Carter's PEP group. C was sooo happy (C: 18 months, 1 day old):


While I was hosting PEP, I got a call from Graham's school to come pick him up because he had a fever (first time I've ever been called to pick him up), so G slept most of that day. He woke up the next day feeling good but I wanted to play it safe and keep him away from his PEP friends, so we ended up with a bonus day to go on a fun adventure. 
Graham requested a ride on the trolley bus and a visit to the Sea Center.  This picture of the boys on the trolley definitely showcases their different personalities (G: 4 years, 1 month, 13 days old / C: 18 months, 2 days old):

When the trolley dropped us off at the pier, Graham insisted on pushing Carter's stroller up the pier to the Sea Center. I hung back a little and just took in the beauty of this sunny vacation town we live in (and this weather is in February, no less):




After our visit to the Sea Center and ride back downtown, we cut through the mall to get to our car and Graham got the very big boy treat of being allowed to ride up the escalator all by himself, then find the down escalator and come down by himself to find Carter and me (who were waiting for him back at the bottom). He aced it!:


And some final miscellaneous pictures of weekday fun and cuteness...

Who is going to get the toy?:

Helping Jason (preschool teacher) build a new play structure.  Yikes, Graham is using a real hammer:

I love seeing Carter entertaining himself by sifting through the toy drawers.  After dreaming up the design for our family room and watching it be built, it is oh so gratifying to see it working the way we had hoped:


Mommy is working hard to plan and cook some healthy, more from scratch, new meals for the family:



I got to preschool a little early and caught Graham enjoying a story. The picture is not that great, but the dialog I overhead was so sweet. Graham was completely engaged in the story and was telling an elaborate tale of his own about how he also had a dog (like in the story) that did all sorts of fantastic things like driving cars and baking muffins:

Carter is finally getting interested in books like his big brother:

Having fun at PEP at Kaia's house. When PEP is hosted at a girl's house, there are always lots of fun new toys to play with:


Graham also got a chance to make Valentines at Kaia's house. He punched holes and threaded ribbon. He gave the heart with all the hole punches to me (melt) and hung up the ribbon heart:

And how magical to be a kid at a play date wearing fairy wings and looking at a butterfly:

Carter ran an errand with me to the bank, but even that ended up being fun when he was given a lollipop to help pass the time:

Yep, lots of fun during the week being had by all. 

1 comment: