Friday, October 19, 2012

Touch a Truck (2 years, 9 months old)

On September 23rd, 2012, Graham attended the second annual PEP Touch a Truck event.  The event is basically how it sounds.  Lots and lots of trucks of all shapes and sizes gather together and the kids are allowed to climb in them and touch them. 
As members of the PEP board, we spend all year prepping for this event and it is our largest fundraiser of the year.  I took a back seat in the preparations this year (because I knew I would be a new mommy) but I was VERY excited to take Graham to the actual event.  Nick stayed home with Carter so I could have a special date with my boy.  I talked up the event for weeks, so Graham was incredibly excited when the day finally arrived. 
All decked out in his special tractor shirt, we started early and hit every truck, before heading home exhausted. 
First up was testing out the horn in the trolley bus:

Next stop was the fire engine where a fireman gave Graham his very own hat:


The police officer was not quite as happy when Graham tested the horn in the police car:

Here is Graham climbing into the HELICOPTER (such a cool addition at this year’s event):

A karate school sponsored the event and Graham tested out his skills with one of the teachers:


Construction vehicles remained some of Graham’s favorites:



And the ‘clean-the-truck’ station was a huge hit!  I'll have to remember that, when Graham gets a little older.  I can put him to work on my car:

It was HOT, so I treated Graham to his first ice-cream sandwich.  It was a big day for Graham:

Graham hopped in the driver’s seat on the motorcycle:

When we got home, Graham immediately took a long nap.  When he woke up, he was ready to use the potty… but insisted that he ‘needed’ his hat to get the job done:


Thanks PEP!  We are already looking forward to next year’s Touch a Truck!

No comments:

Post a Comment