Thursday, August 30, 2012

Carter’s Newborn Photo Session (G: 2 years, 7 months, 18 days old / C: 7 days old)

I’m working on a blog post chronicling the first few weeks of Carter’s life, along with lots, and lots, and lots of pictures (as well as some videos), but I thought I would share the photos from Carter’s newborn shoot separately. 
With Graham, we didn’t have a newborn photo session, and as my due date was getting closer and closer, I continued to procrastinate on selecting a photographer to shoot a session once Carter arrived.  A few days after Carter was born, I saw an ad for a photographer starting her business and looking to gain experience.  I was a little nervous going with a novice, but all the seasoned photographers were booked and I wanted to get pictures ASAP because Carter was growing by leaps and bounds every single day. 
I scheduled Cassie (the photographer) to come when Carter was exactly one week old and while both my mom and sister were in town to help manage Graham during the photo shoot and look after Cassie’s daughter, who came along because the only way Cassie could fit us in was to come on a day that she didn’t have prearranged care for her daughter. 
We had a wonderful experience working with Cassie.  She made us feel comfortable and spent a lot of time getting every pose we wanted.  When the pictures arrived, we weren’t quite as pleased with what she was able to capture and the editing she did (leaving some of the pictures with strange dots or colors).  We actually got an email from Cassie saying that she was also disappointed with how things turned out and wanted to schedule another session with us, free of charge. 
Although the pictures aren’t as fantastic or plentiful as we were hoping, we did get some lovely shots to complement the hundreds of pictures we have taken on our own and are left with some great memories from our first, sweet, special, family-of-four photo shoot:




















No comments:

Post a Comment