Monday, August 13, 2012

Before Carter Arrived, I was Showered

On July 21st, 2012, my dear mommy friends, Laurie and Cherise, threw me a baby shower.  It was such a lovely event and I was so touched by all the people that came and all the work Laurie and Cherise put into making it so special and exactly what I wanted.  It was a ladies’ brunch that they loaded full of fun activities and yummy food, while also making it really elegant and sophisticated with all of their artistic touches.  The guest list consisted entirely of my PEP mommy friends (with the exception of Alethea) and that was one of my favorite parts.  My first baby shower was a lovely mix of friends from my ‘past’ life, but to look around the room at this baby shower and see that I was being celebrated and baby Carter was being welcomed by a group of moms that have become my extended family since Graham was born was just wonderful and heartwarming.  Many of these mommy friends already have their second babies and I know Carter has been eagerly anticipated and will be welcomed into the group with open arms. 
Thank you Laurie and Cherise and all my special friends at the shower.  What a great way to celebrate!  Little did we know at the time that it would be less than two weeks from the shower that Baby Carter would be joining us!
I didn’t capture everything on film and the pictures don’t do the beautiful décor justice, but this should give you an idea of what went on at my super fun shower! 
The shower had a yellow duckie theme.  Check out the lovely tables of food and the sweet party favors:









Can’t forget drinks!  There were “Tammy-Safe” Lemon Drops, not-so-safe Mommy Mimosas, and an awesome hot chocolate bar, complete with Bally’s, Kahlua, and whipped cream and shaved chocolate toppers:




Lovely hostess Laurie, stirring the hot chocolate:


There was a station to decorate burp cloths and plastic duckies:



Of course we had Tammy Trivia and played the guess-how-big-Tammy-is string game:



All good games end with prizes for the winners:

Lots of fun guests, including my bump buddy (due 10 days after Carter) and the youngest guest of all:






And don’t forget the presents:




Thank you and bravo to the fabulous hosts:


No comments:

Post a Comment