Almost a full year ago, I cut Graham’s hair for the first time. I trimmed his bangs and after they turned out way too short and completely uneven, I swore I would never do it again. Well, I did do it again, and again, and again, but only his bangs, never his sweet little wings.
Sometime after his second birthday, it became clear that it was time for the wings to go. Graham’s hair was getting so long that his wings had lost their spring and he was starting to look like a ragamuffin. This time, I knew I wanted to take Graham to a professional. It is one thing to trim his bangs but Mommy had no intention of tackling a real haircut.
I called the local kids' hair salon and they had an opening an hour later. There was no turning back! The appointment was booked and Graham was very brave as we headed to the salon.
The place was perfect! Filled with toys everywhere. There was the train table to play with while Graham waited and then buckets of toys to choose from to hold during the actual haircut. Graham was perched high on a booster seat with a Toy Story cape around him and Goofy next to him. He sat completely still the entire time and let the hairdresser work her magic. I took pictures and consulted on the length and style.
Before (looking a little concerned, but check out that hair, he is so ready):
During (look at how long his hair was):
After (I just love the layers in the back!):
Graham stayed and played an extra half an hour before we left:
The haircut turned out better than I was expecting and I just love it. I was worried that my baby would look all grown up and I wouldn’t even recognize him. Well, he does look like a very handsome, grown up little man, but he is still the same Graham and just as cute as ever:
It has been a couple of weeks since the haircut and Graham’s hair is growing fast. I even caught a glimpse of the wings starting to grow back! We had a great experience and we are already looking forward to our next visit.

No comments:
Post a Comment