Before Graham was born, Nick visited his brother and had fun playing the keyboard with his baby niece until she threw up all over the keyboard. Nick returned home traumatized and vowed that he would not make the same mistake with his own baby.
(At this point, I think you can guess where this story is going.)
Well, after months of piano playing with Graham, Nick gained confidence and may not have been quite as vigilant about the piano’s safety as he was in the past.
I was in the other room when I heard the call for help. Graham has thrown up on the piano. No big deal. I grabbed a burp cloth and wiped up the mess. Apparently, my fix wasn’t quite what Nick had in mind. He proceeded to take the entire piano apart, but when he showed me what was still lurking on some of the keys, I had to admit that he was right to take the piano apart and it was actually really interesting to see all the different components.
Besides a pinched finger as we were reattaching the foot pedals, everything went smoothly and after the piano was safely put back together, we mentioned that we wished we had taken more pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment